The analysis indicated problems prior to COVID:
- New + Reactivated Buyers in 2019 = 206,593.
- New + Reactivated Buyers in 2018 = 247,194.
- New + Reactivated Buyers in 2017 = 277,550.
- New + Reactivated Buyers in 2016 = 316,902.
- New + Reactivated Buyers in 2015 = 334,441.
- "We just can't pay for new customers anymore. The math doesn't work. Paid Search, our primary source of new buyers, is imploding with fewer conversions and more cost. We honestly just don't know what to do anymore. It's exasperating."
- 2006 - 2011 = Catalogers lost significant sales volume to e-commerce brands.
- 2014 - 2019 = Retailers lost significant sales volume to Amazon / e-commerce brands.
- 2022+ = Stale e-commerce brands are about to lose sales volume to Amazon, to modern e-commerce brands that cater to younger customers, to Shopify-based brands, and to newer Retail brands moving into abandoned retail centers.