Have a project where you need Kevin's help? Yes? Good! Here are the many ways that you can work with Kevin.
On all projects, Kevin bills half of the project fee up-front, half is due within 15 days of project completion. A typical project takes 3-4 weeks to complete.
Send Kevin an email (kevinh@minethatdata) or call at 206-853-8278 for details.
Hillstrom's Fix It!
This low-cost methodology identifies why business has not performed to expectations. Kevin will investigate channel-based issues, merchandising issues, pricing issues, and general productivity challenges to identify why a business is not meeting expectations. You will receive daily "tidbits" that explain what Kevin is learning, followed by a paper outlining what is wrong (hint - merchandise issues are usually the issue) and how to potentially fix the issue. You'll get the most popular elements of a typical "Diagnostics", "Merchandise Forensics", and "5 Year Forecast" products.
- Annual Sales of $1 to $9,999,999 = $9,000.
- Annual Sales of $10,000,000 to $29,999,999 = $15,000.
- Annual Sales of $30,000,000 to $59,999,999 = $20,000.
- Annual Sales of $60,000,000 to $99,999,999 = $28,000.
- Annual Sales of $100,000,000 to $999,999,999 = $35,000.
- Annual Sales of $1,000,000,000 and Greater = $40,000.
Do you have a project that doesn't fit neatly into one of my typical projects? No worries! Projects are priced on an ad-hoc basis.
- Annual Sales of $1 to $9,999,999 = $11,000.
- Annual Sales of $10,000,000 to $29,999,999 = $19,000.
- Annual Sales of $30,000,000 to $59,999,999 = $25,000.
- Annual Sales of $60,000,000 to $99,999,999 = $34,000.
- Annual Sales of $100,000,000 to $999,999,999 = $42,500.
- Annual Sales of $1,000,000,000 and Greater = $50,000.
Catalog Contact Strategy
For a typical catalog brand, I can easily generate $1,000,000 of annual profit per $100,000,000 of annual sales by leveraging a proprietary algorithm that incorporates response, spend, and channel preference (i.e. the "organic percentage") to reduce wasteful catalog mailings.
- Annual Sales of $1 to $9,999,999 = $13,000.
- Annual Sales of $10,000,000 to $29,999,999 = $23,000.
- Annual Sales of $30,000,000 to $59,999,999 = $30,000.
- Annual Sales of $60,000,000 to $99,999,999 = $40,000.
- Annual Sales of $100,000,000 to $999,999,999 = $50,000.
- Annual Sales of $1,000,000,000 and Greater = $60,000.
Buying A Company? Selling A Company?
The most popular project in 2017, no doubt about it! Send me five years of purchase history from the company you are thinking of buying/selling, and I will give you an unbiased view of the potential of the customer base to deliver acceptable sales/profit levels in the future. I combine my Fix It methodology with Buyer/Seller specific requests to properly measure how customers are actually behaving. Is the merchandise assortment acceptable? Are enough new customers being generated to fuel future growth? Does the company have a viable new merchandise strategy? Is comp segment productivity increasing or declining?
- Project Cost = $19,000.
The MineThatData Elite Program
Three times a year Elite Program participants learn how their comp segment productivity is trending. They learn how good of a job they are doing at reactivating buyers and acquiring new buyers. They also learn about aspects of their business based on experimental methodologies that Kevin is playing with.
- First Run = $1,800, prepaid.
- Each Subsequent Run = $1,000 prepaid.
- Runs occur in February, June, and October.
Invite Kevin to Visit Your Campus!
Kevin frequently visits clients for day-long sessions designed to fix various business problems.
- Visit Cost = $4,000 per day.
- Client pays for Economy-Plus airfare and all applicable travel expenses including hotel, car rental, parking.
Kevin occasionally partners only with Leading Brands on a retainer basis. The client purchases hours on a "use-'em-or-lose-'em" basis.
- Retainer Cost = $20,000 per 7 Days of Work, use it or lose it, prepaid.
Kevin has been featured at major conferences in Germany, Sweden, UK, and the United States, as well as Shop.org and Internet Retailer.
- Speaking Fee = $4,000, plus Economy-Plus airfare and all applicable travel expenses.
The image below illustrates what a typical project dataset looks like. Most projects can be completed with just "File #1". Most e-commerce / mobile projects require "File #3". Most catalog contact strategy projects require "File #2". Files must be formatted in .csv format. I can offer credentials for an FTP server if required.