Yesterday I described the importance of overlaying a QuickScore (click here) against lapsed customers ... culling out the customers who clicked through an email campaign last month.
Recall that response in the next month increased from 1.20% to 3.52% based on this simple overlay. You'd want to know that, right? And if you knew it, you'd act upon it, right?
Each channel is impacted differently by this fact.
- Call Center = 0.26% response to 0.32% response after customer clicks through an email campaign.
- Online Orders Matched To Catalogs = 0.07% response to 0.16% response.
- Email Purchasing = 0.10% response to 2.02% response (oh).
- Search Purchasing = 0.33% response to 0.36% response.
- All Other Online Marketing = 0.03% response to 0.12% response.
- All Other Online Orders = 0.25% response to 0.48% response.
- Retail In-Store Orders = 0.24% to 0.28%.
- Non Email Channel = 1.10% response to 1.50% response.
The email click results in a 35% increase (1.50 vs. 1.10) in response in channels outside of email marketing.
You'd want to know that, right?
Click here for details regarding Hillstrom's QuickScores.
P.S.: This is one way of demonstrating that "engagement" is important. Draw a link between engagement metrics and actual purchases.