One of our Twitter followers asked to see how Bed, Bath & Beyond performed in recent years, given their strategic direction to slowly wean themselves from discounts/coupons.
Remember the framework ... net sales growth and pre-tax profit rates are converted into NFL won/lost records. This allows us to compare brands along metrics that sports fans are used to seeing.
Championship Caliber = 12-4 or better.
Playoff Caliber = 10-6 or 11-5.
Average Performance = 7-9 or 8-8 or 9-7.
Time to Rebuild = 6-10 or worse.
Here's the data for Bed, Bath & Beyond.
That is what a successful business looks like. In the past fourteen years:
- 14 winning seasons.
- 12 playoff caliber seasons.
- 8 championship caliber seasons.
But what do you see happening in the past four years?
- 13-3 to 11-5 to 11-5 to 10-6.
This business is slowly heading toward rebuild status - unless something changes soon. With the noticeable exception of the financial collapse, last year's performance was the worst of the past fourteen years.
Are you interested in your own Hillstrom's Rebuild project? Here's what you get.
- Your own copy of Hillstrom's Rebuild, now available on Amazon (click here).
- An evaluation of your Won/Lost record, provided your financial team will release net sales and pre-tax profit data.
- A rolling twelve month evaluation of your business.
- A 2x buyer and new + reactivated buyer comp segment analysis of your business.
- A life table analysis of how 1x customers convert to 2x status.
- A mini Digital Profiles analysis to understand how your marketing channels and merchandise categories fit together.
- A mini Merchandise Forensics analysis.
- An evaluation of how 1x buyers convert to 2x status via a Lifetime Value Simulation #LTVS.
- Click here for project pricing and file formats.
- FIRST TWO CLIENTS TO SIGN UP FOR A REBUILD PROJECT GET TO ENJOY 20% OFF ... AS YOU KNOW, IF YOU ARE ON THE LEADING EDGE OF NEW METHODOLOGIES, YOU BENEFIT VIA REDUCED COSTS!