Fortunately, you don't have to listen to their guesses. You have actual data, based on how your customers (not generic consumers) perform.
All you have to do is perform a weighted channel pair analysis.
Remember weighted channel pairs?
We sum weighted demand by physical channel ... for example, retail, e-commerce, tablets, and mobile.
- Transactions 0-12 Months Ago = Demand * 1.00.
- Transactions 13-24 Months Ago = Demand * 0.50.
- Transactions 25-36 Months Ago = Demand * 0.25.
- Transactions 37-48 Months Ago = Demand * 0.15.
- Transactions 49+ Months Ago = Demand * 0.10.
Then we rank order the pairs, based on the channels that generate the most weighted demand.
Here's an example:
- Retail 0-12 Months Ago = $100 (weighted = 100*1.00 = 100).
- Tablets 0-12 Months Ago = $40 (weighted = 40*1.00 = 40).
- E-Commerce 13-24 Months Ago = $180 (weighted = 180*0.50 = 90).
This customer possesses a Retail / E-Commerce channel pair.
Tomorrow, we'll analyze one specific channel pair.