- You buy me a $50 gift card from "Big Box Brand".
- I buy you a $50 gift card from "Big Box Brand".
- On Christmas Day, the tree is littered with mini-plastic-ads for "Big Box Brand".
- On the day after Christmas, gift cards are redeemed for merchandise sold at 70% off of full price ... whereas the customer, sans gift card, would have paid 40% off of full price just two weeks ago, 25% off of full price on Black Friday, and 15% off of full price on November 1.
- "Big Box Brand" gets a much-needed cash infusion, but takes huge inventory risk by not selling merchandise prior to Christmas, then not knowing how much merchandise will move in the days after Christmas --- and cannot record the sale until the customer redeems the gift card.
December 25, 2008
Do I have this right?
1 - You must know who your AUDIENCE is. Your customer is different from your audience. Your audience represents the pool of prospects who m...
RFM is great for targeting one catalog to one customer. However, RFM is tough to manage in a multichannel environment. This becomes clear ...
Look at the first four rows of our life table (values of 0/1/2/3). These are the first 12-15 weeks after a customer buys for the firs...
If you don't like geeky math, please skip this post, because I am about to show you how the sausage is made! I have eight variables in...