Omnichannel folks and Catalog-centric leaders love to point to Williams-Sonoma as a shining beacon of business productivity.
And maybe they are right.
But wouldn't it be good to know if Williams-Sonoma financial data actually looked good?
Let's take a look.
We see a highly successful business that eroded for four straight years ... then The Great Recession hit and Williams-Sonoma bottomed out at 3-13 in 2008. Wow.
It only took two years to rebuild the business.
From 2010 - 2015, the records looked like this:
- 10-6, 10-6, 10-6, 10-6, 10-6, 10-6.
That's six straight years of playoff-caliber performance. That's impressive stuff, my friends!
Pre-tax profit is generally around 10%, sales growth is generally around 7% - 8%.
But there is a bit of a wobble in 2015, isn't there?
And in 2016, through two quarters, Williams-Sonoma is trending toward a 9-7 season
So Williams-Sonoma is in danger of dipping toward 8-8 if Q4 isn't very good ... dip below that, and it's time to start thinking about a rebuilding project.
Are you interested in your own Hillstrom's Rebuild project? Here's what you get.
- Your own copy of Hillstrom's Rebuild, now available on Amazon (click here).
- An evaluation of your Won/Lost record, provided your financial team will release net sales and pre-tax profit data.
- A rolling twelve month evaluation of your business.
- A 2x buyer and new + reactivated buyer comp segment analysis of your business.
- A life table analysis of how 1x customers convert to 2x status.
- A mini Digital Profiles analysis to understand how your marketing channels and merchandise categories fit together.
- A mini Merchandise Forensics analysis.
- An evaluation of how 1x buyers convert to 2x status via a Lifetime Value Simulation #LTVS.
- Click here for project pricing and file formats.
- FIRST TWO CLIENTS TO SIGN UP FOR A REBUILD PROJECT GET TO ENJOY 20% OFF ... AS YOU KNOW, IF YOU ARE ON THE LEADING EDGE OF NEW METHODOLOGIES, YOU BENEFIT VIA REDUCED COSTS!