Dear Catalog CEOs;
Here's one of the most interesting quotes of 2011, from a catalog leader:
- "How do I create a catalog that an online customer will like?"
I'm not convinced that we are asking the right question. Try asking this question:
- "How do I create an experience that an online customer will like?"
- Age 70+ = Likes catalogs, mails order with check via post office.
- Age 60-69 = Likes catalogs, shops over the phone after receiving a catalog.
- Age 50-59 = May like catalogs, shops online after receiving a catalog.
- Age 40-49 = Transitional customer, online savvy, may like catalog brands, not catalogs.
- Age 30-39 = Online shopper.
- Age 20-29 = Social shopper?
The 64 year old rural customer appreciates the catalog.
We need to do some work to figure out how to have a relationship with a 34 year old urban customer. At some point, we need to cultivate relationships with the under-40 audience, relationships that do not include catalogs, if we want to be around in ten years, right?
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.