- Invest in improved functionality of the website.
- Hire individuals who have skills that are lacking in your organization.
- Give current staff bonuses, salary increases, or improve health-care opportunities for your team.
- Mail additional catalogs to drive increased volume.
- Invest the money in customer acquisition activities across all advertising channels.
- Invest the money in customer retention activities across all channels.
- Develop a multichannel brand building advertising campaign.
- Invest in research and development of new products or services.
- Increase customer service staffing levels.
- Improve distribution center logistics.
- Pay down debt.
- Give the money back to the customer via reduced shipping and handling rates, or expedited shipping.
- Improve inventory systems so that you can truly participate in multichannel retailing.
- Increase paid search activities.
- Obtain favorable homepage placements on Yahoo! or MSN or AOL.
- Improve the photography and creative execution of your catalog mailings and website imagery.
- Pay shareholders a special one-time dividend.
- Invest in public relations activities designed to improve customer perception of the brand, including donations to worthy non-profit organizations.
- Develop "Web 2.0" marketing strategies that increase customer participation in your brand.
- Purchase the naming rights to your local minor-league baseball team's stadium.
- Purchase new office furniture for your employees.
- Purchase new computer hardware for your employees.
- Enter into a strategic project with a major management consulting firm that, with luck, results in greatly increased velocity of your brand.
- Develop a highly personalized and targeted e-mail campaign strategy with trigger-based campaigns.
November 20, 2006
If I Had A Million Dollars
Assume you are the CEO for an online/catalog multichannel business. Your CFO opens up the purse strings, and gives you access to a million dollars. How would you spend the money? Leave your suggestion in the comments section below. Here's a few suggestions to get you started.
This was the largest Elite Program run of the past four years. The run required an open mind, something that sometimes eludes me. What did I...
It is time to find a few smart individuals in the world of e-mail analytics and data mining! And honestly, what follows is a dataset that y...
Yeah, that's a lousy picture. Too bad. Today is essay day. If you don't want to read something long, stop here. I spend a...
Say you manage a paid search program. Last month you spent $100,000 and the following happened. Cost = $100,000. Clicks = 200,000. Co...