Nearly a decade ago I wrote extensively about the concept of Winners / Contenders / Others. Through the years, the concept evolved a bit ... then during COVID none of it mattered because sales were up 50% and nobody cared about merchandise. Last year that began to change as some items sat on ships outside of Long Beach. This year, all of a sudden people care about what they sell ... again.
Time is a flat circle.
Allow me to show you the number of items that were Winners for a company, items that were also Winners the prior year.
- 289 three years ago, then 252 two years ago, then 232 one year ago, then 232 as of today.
- 375 three years ago, then 315 two years ago, then 331 one year ago, then 282 as of today.
- 86 three years ago, then 63 two years ago, then 99 one year ago, then 50 as of today.
- Some of you had product availability issues.
- Many of you didn't care about merchandise during/after the COVID-bump.