The feedback is coming in from many directions now.
Those of you who market via paper are not going to get what you need for some time. This means if you want to stay in business, you need to move away from paper. The vast majority of e-commerce brands don't leverage paper, and somehow they do just fine.
It's common to see the following scenario.
- $30,000,000 business.
- $15,000,000 from existing customers.
- Brand spends $3,000,000 on paper marketing to these customers.
- Mail/Holdout tests show that 60% of sales is organic, 40% driven by paper.
- Therefore, $6,000,000 of sales come in via paper.
- 40% of sales flow-through to profit.