This is the part of the story where you suggest that I've over-simplified things.
Well of course I've over-simplified things!
You have to over-simplify things in order to make a larger point.
The larger point being, of course, that the Virtual Chief Performance Officer is fusing the following concepts into an actionable direction.
- Customers: Explaining how customers behave in a way that sets a direction for the company.
- Merchandise: Outlining the role that new/existing products have in fueling business success.
- Management Analytics: The fusion of customer analysis and merchandise analysis.
- Coaching: Setting up employees to be successful, even when they are faced with intimidating internal forces that are there to block what you want to accomplish.
- Goals and Objectives: Giving employees clear direction on what they need to accomplish to be successful, then rewarding employees when they do well or holding employees accountable when they fail to perform.