This week I've shared with you my "Weighted Quality" process. It's an important process when considering who to target, as demonstrated yesterday.
I use the same weighting process to create six additional variables.
- Primary Merchandise Category Preference.
- Secondary Merchandise Category Preference.
- Tertiary Merchandise Category Preference.
- Primary Channel Preference.
- Secondary Channel Preference.
- Tertiary Category Preference.
These variables are pure gold!!
Primary / Secondary / Tertiary represent the categories or channels that the customer historically spent the most weighted dollars.
- $100 in Mens 0-12 Months Ago.
- $100 in Womens 13-24 Months Ago.
- $200 in Kids 25-36 Months Ago.
Weighted Values (recall earlier in the week?) yield the following:
- Mens = $100.
- Womens = $60.
- Kids = $70.
We now have Primary / Secondary / Tertiary categories.
- Primary = Mens.
- Secondary = Kids.
- Tertiary = Womens.
Tomorrow, I'll show you just how valuable Primary / Secondary / Tertiary categories are to a targeting process!