Show of hands ... who would like to volunteer to test their business chops?
I've created a new version of the simulation performed at the VT/NH Group in March. I'm looking to take this simulation "on the road" ... to your company ... potentially holding day-long sessions to teach the simulation and to teach how Analysts might better work with Executives.
Here's what I am thinking.
- The first 20 volunteers get to participate ... email me (email@example.com) with your intent to participate.
- The competition will take place May 8 - May 12.
- Each morning, you (the participant) will submit your business plan to me via email.
- Around noon (Pacific Time), the simulation will "crunch the numbers".
- Each afternoon (Pacific Time), you (the participant) will learn how you are performing against your peers.
- The next morning, you will submit a new business plan for the following year.
- The participant with the highest company valuation after five years will be declared "the winner", and will earn unrelenting and unending praise from the business community.
Each participant will earn a coveted MineThatData PickAxe ... how about that?!
What levers will you be able to pull?
- Amount of Investment in Online Advertising.
- Amount of Investment in Offline Advertising.
- Discounting Strategy.
- Shipping Cost Strategy.
- Price of Widgets.
- Price of Bidgets.
- Price of Tidgets.
- % of Your Merchandise Assortment That Will Be "New" Each Year.
- Brand-Marketing Strategy vs. Technology-Centric Strategy, Determining The Appropriate "Mix" of Both.
Who wants to participate? Send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) ... this should only take a few minutes of your time and you might end up being the overall winner!!