Back in 1988, I worked at the Garst Seed Company. It was my job to analyze tests ... 2 reps of 40 hybrids, randomized in a field. We executed hundreds of these tests across the United States. Hundreds! Maybe low thousands. The tests were everywhere. We had six analysts analyzing the tests.
This was back in 1988.
It's 2016. There is no excuse for not testing anything/everything.
- Free Shipping.
- Free Shipping with a Hurdle.
- Paid For Shipping.
- 4 Email Campaigns per Week vs. 3 vs. 2 vs. 1 vs. 0 (the read-and-reject audience hates email frequency testing ... hates it!).
- Home Page and Landing Page design (test traffic in the morning, make changes at noon and move forward).
- Marketing Budget Changes.
- Pricing Changes.
- Advertising of New Merchandise in Digital Channels.
- 10,000 other ideas.
Describe what, within your company culture, stops you from testing different tactics so that you know what works and what does not work?