This is a Jasmine-centric business, as you'll see when you visit some of the social-centric properties they play on.
- Website (doesn't look like Chicos, does it?).
- On Wanelo (click here) - I know, you have no idea what Wanelo is, neither did I, showing you how I, too, am falling behind the times.
- On Twitter (click here) - notice the integrated creative, dear omnichannel lovers!
- On Pinterest (click here) - Glenn Glieber would quickly notice that this is a lot of "free marketing".
- 149,000 followers on Instagram (click here).
We all know that social media can take a business to $7,000,000, pretty easily, just like in the old days when catalogs could easily take a business to $30,000,000 ... or a combination of search and email could take an e-commerce business to $10,000,000. Most marketing tactics get us moving in the $10,000,000 to $30,000,000 direction fairly easily.
Then the hard work begins.
I hear cataloger after cataloger say that social media doesn't work. Of course it doesn't work ... if your customer is 60 years old. It doesn't work for the same reason that catalogs don't work among 30 year old customers.
Look at what The Red Dress Boutique does. Go ask your 29 year old female employee what she thinks about this business.
Is there a future for catalogers with a distribution center and call center and website infrastructure to leverage younger employees to build a business like "The Red Dress Boutique"? I'm just asking the question.