But then we read about Barnes & Noble (click here for a link to an article about losses in the Nook Division - losses offsetting in-store profit).
Let's think about this for a moment.
- Experts say Omnichannel / Multichannel > Single Channel.
- B&N will reduce stores by a third in upcoming years.
- B&N will pull back on digital tablets.
- B&N has every advantage over Amazon, according to omnichannel experts.
- Amazon is not pulling back, are they?
At some point, we have to concede that the whole multichannel / omnichannel thing is designed to generate page views, to sell vendor solutions, to sell research reports, and to generate Management Consulting engagements.
Do what is right for your business, not what is right for somebody to generate more page views.