This is usually followed by a few comments.
- How can they afford to do this?
- Is this a fad, or is everybody going to go this route?
- If everybody goes this route, I'm in big trouble, because I need a 40% lift in demand to cover the cost of free shipping, and that will never happen when everybody is doing free shipping.
- You will be forced into some form of free shipping.
- You will not get a big enough bump in response/conversion to pay for free shipping.
- You will have to reduce catalog circulation to pay for free shipping.
- You will choose to cut catalog customer acquisition.
- You should choose to cut housefile circulation.