- Retail = 58%, Direct-to-Consumer = 42% of the business.
- New products: "... we believe that the mail order catalogs and the Internet act as a cost-efficient means of testing market acceptance of new products and new brands."
- Internet sales: "... we estimate that approximately 45% of our company-wide non-gift registry Internet revenues are incremental to the direct-to-customer channel and approximately 55% are driven by customers who recently received a catalog".
- Direct Channel Challenges: Sales growth (telephone + web). was just 4.5%, on a 3.2% increase in catalog pages circulated, and a 1.6% reduction catalogs mailed. Oh oh. Pay attention folks, this is a harbinger of the future for all of us.
- Online sales grew 21% to $927.6 million. In 2007, "... plan to intensify the marketing support behind our fastest growing shopping channel, e-commerce".
- Telephone sales were 58% of direct-to-consumer sales in 2004, and are 42% of direct-to-consumer sales in 2006.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.ReplyDelete
I removed a comment that was not appropriate for the subject matter of this post.ReplyDelete