- Brookstone Signs With Abacus For Direct Marketing Needs: This August 2006 article lauds the combination of Bookstone merchandise and co-op database products.
- Brookstone Counts on Abacus. The June 2007 article talks about increasing circ & response at the same time and all that good stuff.
- Merchandise Mix Aids Brookstone, While Sharper Image Suffers. The February 2008 article praises Brookstone for increasing circulation, increasing response, and lowering costs by working with co-op database products.
- Direct-to-Consumer sales were down 3.8% on a 23% increase in circulation in the past three months. Oh my goodness.
- Same store sales were down 4% in the past three months.
- Direct-to-Consumer sales were up 9% on a 37% increase in circulation in the past six months. Imagine what the p&l looks like for this relationship?
- Circulation will be scaled back in the 2nd half of 2008. Density will be increased to increase productivity as a response to rising paper costs --- contradicting what was written last year.
- The company lost an additional $5,000,000 of profit in the first half of 2008, compared with the first half of 2007.
This is a direct criticism of how "solutions" are marketed to us. We need to demand better from our business partners.