When you chat with an Executive at a traditional brand, you get feedback that sounds contrary to normal.
- "Yeah, we'd love to run an influencer program, but our customer is 67 years old and isn't on Instagram."
- "Given that we can't do modern things to acquire customers, we're stuck. The co-ops don't work anymore and Google is more expensive with fewer conversions. We're just stuck."
The restaurant isn't adorned with big screen TVs showing you a Braves/Nationals game, that's for sure.
This is the point in the script where the omnichannel experts tell you that you are wrong with just about everything you are doing.
- 2-3 drinks at the bar.
- Your salad with french dressing #mandatory.
- Your relish tray.
- Crackers and/or bread sticks wrapped in plastic.
- Warm bread and countless pads of butter.
- 16oz prime rib plus four fillets of deep-fried walleye coupled with a baked potato and a generous side of heart-healthy vegetables ... or an oversized thin-crust crispy pizza ... or broasted chicken ... and butter.
As you wait for your arteries to stop clogging, you get the bill. $57 for two people. On a pound-for-pound basis you'll be hard-pressed to get out of Red Lobster for $57.