Some argue that this is one of the most successful retailers of the past five years.
Of course, they didn't even bother to sell via e-commerce until last year (though they own brands that did).
Go do a Google search for T.J. Maxx and Omnichannel. You won't find much.
Go read their 2013 Annual Report (click here).
- 8% compound annual growth over the past four years.
- Macy's went from $23.5 billion to $27.9 billion over this timeframe.
- T.J. Maxx went from $20.3 billion to $27.4 billion over this timeframe.
Please pay attention to facts.
There are two trends. Both can yield success. But we seem to ignore the second trend, which seems to generate a far greater level of success.
- Those who seek excellence via digitization and channel alignment.
- Those who seek excellence via appropriately priced merchandise that customers want.