For the company we are analyzing, here's the story on rolling twelve-month gross margin dollars ...
Again, Management is trying stuff.
- They raised prices (presumably on new items - more on that topic later).
- They've tried free shipping promotions.
- They increased gross margins when increasing prices.
- Fewer customers.
- More demand per customer.
- Slowly increasing gross margin dollars.
- A problem in the most recent six month time-frame.
We'll need to dig into the recent time-frame in more detail, obviously.
Tomorrow, we take a look at merchandising information.