Sure, you could spend a thousand dollars attending a big conference and be entertained by a Sports Legend ... but what would you actually learn if you did that? Is that the best use of company resources?
Or you could join me on March 30 (click here for details). You could compete against other attendees - 20 teams in total - trying your hardest to grow a business from scratch.
You will get to make the decisions.
- How much should I invest in offline marketing?
- How much should I invest in online marketing?
- How many people should I hire of offline, online, and mobile/social activities?
- How much should I charge for each of three product categories?
- Should I employ free shipping, shipping with a hurdle, or ask the customer to pay for shipping?
Once you make the decisions, the simulation worksheet produces outcomes. You'll get to see how your team performed. You'll also get to see how the other teams performed. You will get to see the investment/staffing/pricing strategy for each team.
Then, you'll get an opportunity to make changes to your strategy for year two. So will everybody else.
We'll repeat the process for five years. At the end of five years, the team with the best combination of sales growth and profitability will "win" - and earn a coveted MineThatData Pick Axe!
What will you learn?
- You will learn how having access to the same metrics as everybody else yields wildly different strategies.
- You will learn that success comes from the strategies you employ as a result of the metrics you analyze - you will learn that metrics do not yield success - you create your own success.
- You will learn that there are many different "winning strategies" built into the simulation ... you will learn how important your own decisions are.
What would stop you from joining me, from participating in a day-long extravaganza of learning?