Over the next several weeks, I will combine Forecast Forensics with Digital Profiles, illustrating how a multi-channel business has a customer base that his moving in many different directions, all at the same time!
Sound like the business you're managing? Probably!
Tomorrow, we get started. The database I'm using has several years of purchase history. I will analyze six key channels:
- Telephone: Customers ordering via the phone, primarily from catalogs.
- Online: Pure online orders, minor online channels (affiliates), online orders driven by catalogs.
- E-Mail: Orders with last click attributed to e-mail.
- Search: Orders with last click attributed to search.
- Mobile: Orders with last click attributed to mobile app or mobile website.
- Social: Orders with last click attributed to social media.
So, we'll take six channels, and we'll explore how customers are segmented (using Digital Profiles). Then, we'll use the Forecast Forensics methodology to illustrate how the business is likely to evolve in the future, given what we've learned about customer behavior.
Forecast Forensics + Digital Profiles: A marriage made in heaven!